Squid game is a South Korean survival drama television series streamed on Netflix. The series, distributed by Netflix, was released worldwide on September 17, 2021.
The series revolves around a competition that recruits 456 desperately indebted people in South Korea to participate in a series of children’s games. The ultimate prize is $ 38 million.
It’s fair to mention that this is one of the best TV series you can find on Nexflix, but the show is philosophical in a way that makes you think about life itself.
Here are a few lessons I’ve gathered:
1. Don’t deal with people who have nothing to lose or gain.
2. You cannot always be successful by playing fair. Sometimes you cheat to win!
3. The fundamental solution to all world problems is leadership. Society just needs the right setups, regulations, instructions, inspirations, guides.
4. There is no perfect system, no perfect place, no perfect environment. No matter how well designed a system is, it will always suffer from irregularities. Any system can be damaged.
5. Starting a business is usually not difficult. But finding the right people to work with is more daunting.
6. There are no clear, sure-fire ways to make it in life.
7. Don’t despise others for what they don’t have. Don’t be too quick to accept people for what they have.
8. The person who brings you joy will also bring you sadness. Often it is not their choice. The circumstances make them.
9. Life always gives us options. Life is really only made up of options.
10. Choose your partner carefully.
11. Making decisions is the hardest part
12. Everything has consequences.
13. There are no useless people. No matter what a person is, they can still be resourceful.
14. The world runs on the principles of competition for survival. Man will devour man when it comes to his own benefit. Humans will break all rules of moral judgment in order to survive.
15. Anything is possible when money is the motivation. Never underestimate what people can do for money!
16. Sometimes people disappoint you not because they are bad people. Because the circumstances make them do it.
17. It is not possible for all of us to be successful even when we have the same opportunities. Life is not made for everyone to make it.
18. Don’t absolutely trust. And don’t be completely suspicious.
19. Intelligence wins over strength
20. The world is not completely screwed. You can always find hope in humanity.
from Patrick Fynn