Quotes from Thomas Edison: Thomas Edison is one of the the greatest inventors in the world has ever seen. Not only is he a great inventor, but a true definition of success and inspiration for everyone who knows him.
Thomas Edison is famous for inventing the light bulb, phonograph, film, and other inventions of the 1090s. One standout thing about Thomas Edison is that he experienced a lot of disappointment and discouragement in his childhood.
Before we dive into the various motivational and inspirational quotes from Thomas Edison, let us tell you about the various discouragements and disappointments the world inventor has experienced.
Quotes from Joyce Meyer
Quotes from Jeff Bezos
Quotes from Elon Musk
Thomas Edison did not speak until he was 4 years old. When Thomas Edison was a child, his peers referred to him as a disabled child. When he was of legal age, he applied to different companies but to no avail, so he decided to focus on inventing different things.
Thomas Edison failed many times when he tried to invent something, but he didn’t let that put him off and kept pushing until after a thousand attempts he finally hit the nail on the head and invented the lightbulb and is now considered the father of the lightbulb.
Have you ever tried something and often failed? The following Thomas quotes will inspire you to keep going despite meeting mistakes.
Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “The reason a lot of people don’t see opportunity is because they usually walk around in overalls that look like hard work.” – Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “I haven’t failed. I just found 10,000 ways that don’t work. ”- Thomas Edison
- “Your worth is what you are and not what you have.” – Thomas Edison
- “Damn it, there are no rules here – we’re trying to get things done.” – Thomas Edison
- “What you are will show in what you do.” – Thomas Edison
- “I’ve never worked a day in my life. It was all fun. ”- Thomas Edison
- “Many failures in life are people who didn’t know how close they were to success when they give up.” – Thomas Edison
- “I’ve never done anything by mistake, nor is one of my inventions accidental; they came from work. ”- Thomas Edison
- “Our greatest weakness is giving up. The surest way to succeed is always to try again. ”- Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “If we did everything we can, we would literally be amazed.” – Thomas Edison
- “There is a way to do better – find it.” – Thomas Edison
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent sweat.” – Thomas Edison
- “Being busy doesn’t always mean real work. The aim of all work is production or completion, and for each of these purposes there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence and honesty, and sweat. To seem to do is not to do. ”- Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “The three most important prerequisites for making something worthwhile are: hard work, perseverance, and common sense.” – Thomas Edison
- “Just because something doesn’t do what you intended it to do, doesn’t mean it’s useless.” – Thomas Edison
- “Almost every man who comes up with an idea works it to the point where it looks impossible and then gets discouraged. This is not the place to be discouraged. ”- Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “To invent, you need a good imagination and a load of junk.” – Thomas Edison
- “Waste is worse than loss. The time will come when anyone who claims to be able to do so will keep the issue of waste in mind. The scope for thrift is limitless. ”- Thomas Edison
- “I have a lot more respect for people with a single idea who arrive there than for people with a thousand ideas who do nothing.” – Thomas Edison
- “When I have made a firm decision that it is worth getting a result, I go ahead and try it at a time until it comes.” – Thomas Edison
- “Our schools don’t teach students to think. It is amazing how many young people have difficulty getting their brains to work definitely and systematically. ”- Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “I don’t want to invent anything that can’t be sold. Selling is evidence of usefulness, and usefulness is success. ”- Thomas Edison
- “Be courageous. I’ve seen many depressions in business. America has always emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave like your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!” – Thomas Edison
- “Results! Man, I’ve got a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The thing that makes me lose patience the most is the clock. His hands are moving too fast… ”- Quotes from Thomas Edison
- “One might think that the monetary value of an invention is the reward for the man who loves his work. But … I continue to find my greatest joy and thus my reward in the work that precedes what the world calls success. ”- Thomas Edison
- “I start where the last man left off.” – Thomas Edison
Thank you for reading about famous Thomas Edison quotes. Leave your favorite in the comments below